Maureen will be holding RYT immersion in beautiful Elk Rapids July8-12, 2013. Space is limited! Please contact Maureen at (586) 917-2284 to sign up.
Yoga in the Woods is a Registered Proprietary school with the State of Michigan and a Registered Yoga School throught the Yoga Alliance. Owner Maureen Bosker, RN ERYT leads the Yoga in the Woods RYT teacher training program. Our life changing Teacher Training program will enrich your personal pratice while preparing you to become a confident, knowledgeable yoga instructor. Yoga in the Woods is one of the few programs in the state of Michigan to offer 200, 300 or 500 hour RYT training, depending on your level of experience.
Application Policy: You must submit our teacher training application to Maureen with a non-refundable $25 application fee (please see our refund policy) to be considered into the program. Once your application is reviewed and accepted, a deposit of $200 will be due. The remainder of the tuition will be due in full by start date of the program unless a payment plan is set up by that date. Final payment is due by the final day of the program. Please review the Refund Policy before applying.
Refund Policy: (as mandated by the State of Michigan) A $200 deposit is due one month prior to the start of training. All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if the applicant is rejected by the school before enrollment. An applicant fee of not more than $25 may be retained by the school if the applicant is denied. All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if requested within 3 business days after signing a contract with the school. Once the 3 business days have lapsed, no refunds will be given. All refunds shall be returnedwithin 30 days
Next Training Session begins April 2013!
2013 RYT Training Dates
April 12-14, 2013
April 26-28, 2013
May 10-11, 2013
May 31-June 2, 2013
Saturday Morning Open House
Anyone who is interested in more information about RYT Training at Yoga in the Woods is welcome to come in on any scheduled Saturday, 9 -10 am to observe for free. (Please limit one time per person)
200 hour RYT Training--Classes held Fridays, 6-9 am, Saturdays, 9 am-12 pm and 1-5 pm and Sundays, 12-6 pm
Training will include 5 weekend sessions as well as an immersion weekend. Studenst will observe as well as practice at least 10 classes in an approved studio. Students will also assist 10 classes with Maureen and practice teach 10 classes upon completion of training. Students will be introduced to and be able to use tools to lead a Basic, Vinyasa, Ashtanga and Flow yoga class that is safe and effective.
300 hour RYT training--Class times vary
Students will get personal hands on training with Maureen. Students will attend classes at an approved studio and work with Maureen before and after class for feedback. Several essays will be required with extensive reading and research.
500 hour RYT training--Classes will include a 6 day immersion. Remaining will held Saturdays and Sundays. Hours will also be individually scheduled according to each student's need.
*Tuition does not include cost of required books or personal yoga supplies.
View our catalog for complete curriculums and prerequisites to each program. Our teacher training programs are all Yoga Alliance-approved curriculums.
Maureen Bosker RN, ERYT or Yoga in the Woods will be leading the teacher training program
- Teacher training classes can also be taken to enrich your personal practice
- We are committed to the individual needs of the student
- Open to current teachers and committed students who meet the prerequisites for the specific program
- This process of practicing yoga through the journey of the breath and awakening to the happiness of pure being is an experience of true self-awakening
- This experience will give you the tools to assist you in the path of leading others to their true self through the practice of yoga
What will a Yoga in the Woods RYT certification give you?
- You will learn to teach basic Hatha Yoga
- You will learn to teach a set of linking postures well known as Vinyasa Yoga
- You will have the opportunity to learn the Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga and a brief introduction to the 2nd Series
- We will give a historical perspective on yoga and will study many texts that will assist you on your journey of spiritual exploration
- We will be offering retreats that you will be able to participate in
- Each section of the teacher training will be individualized to meet your needs.
- Students will learn of the ancient yoga text
- The yoga sutras will be studied in depth.
- You will be introduced to the language of Sanskrit and learn some ancient chants.
- Meditation and Silence will be utilized
- You will learn a wonderful number of assists to allow the practice to unfold in your students
Training begins April 2013!